The purpose of the Area Manager position is to ensure high quality and cost-effective programme / project implementation within the designated geographical area.
Job description :
Generic responsibilities (max 10)
These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential.
Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
1. Line management for senior project staff and support functions (and Field Office Coordinators) in the area
2. Member of the Country Management Group (CMG)
3. Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance, and procedures
4. Provide area specific input on CC strategies, Country Strategy, and Plan of Action
5. Organize grants opening and closure meetings at the area level
6. Implementation of projects (including master support budget and coordinating input for donor proposals and reports) in the area, in compliance with contractual commitments (i.
e. quality, synergies, timeliness, use of resources).
7. Assess needs, develop emergency response and implement response plans
8. Ensure optimal use of resources within the allocated project budgets and CC strategies
9. Represent NRC and networking on area level
10. Ensure that capacity building is provided to all staff in the area
11. Ensure the overall security and safety of staff in the area
12. Promote the rights of IDPs / refugees, persons with protection needs and returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, the phase of operation, strategic focus and type of intervention.
This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
o Overall management for support (Logistic- HR- Finance -Security) and programme implementation in states of Táchira, Barinas, Zulia. Merida and Apure
o Lead the scale-up of Education, Livelihoods & Food Security, Shelter & Wash, and Information Counseling Legal Assistance (ICLA) Core Competencies
o Coordinate cross-border activities with Colombia North West Area Manager
o Strategic follow-up and strengthening of NRC Colombian s Refugees in Venezuela Programme
Generic professional competencies for this position :
o Minimum 3 years of experience from working as a Senior Project Manager in a humanitarian / recovery context
o Experience working in Venezuela and / or Colombia
o Previous experience from working in complex contexts
o Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
o Knowledge about own leadership skills / profile
o Fluency in Spanish and English, both written and verbal
Education level :
College / University, Master / Phd grade
Personal qualities :
Context / specific skills, knowledge and experience :
o Experience sin start-up and scale -up
o Experience in situations with restricted humanitarian access
o Knowledge of advocacy
Language : Spanish
We offer :
Venezuelan Open-end Contract, with monthly payment according to the NRC ranking (G10-1)
El Consejo Noruego para Refugiados (NRC) es una organización humanitariaindependiente que ayuda a las personas obligadas a desplazarse.
Respondemos a crisis en 31 países, proporcionando asistencia deemergencia y de largo plazo a millones de personas cada año.
Protegemos a laspersonas obligadas a huir, abogando por sus derechos.
NORCAP, nuestro capacidad para movilizar expertos, ayuda a mejorar lashabilidades locales e internacionales para prevenir, prepararse, responder yrecuperarse de las crisis.
NRC también dirige el Centro de Monitoreo deDesplazamiento Interno (IDMC) en Ginebra, un líder global en información eincidencia a favor de las personas desplazadas internamente.