Giving a dairy farmer more data doesn't help them. Giving them intelligence about their business that results from interpreting the data and turning it into actionable information does.
Software providers like Valley Agricultural Software (VAS) are taking formerly desktop-based, single application solutions and providing business-wide platforms that provide real-time access to web-based intelligence via mobile devices, tablets and computers. These programs tie together all the variables that go into milk production in a single platform from the feed to the cow to the parlor providing actionable intelligence that allows today's dairy farmer to make decisions when it will have the greatest impact on production: now.
VAS is currently searching for the right candidate that has a passion for the dairy software industry and wants to help make an impact of this very large ecosystem.
- Participate as a work-from-home member of the Engineering team to build software applications.
- Work with the Product Lead to understand user stories and transform them into high quality software applications and features.
- Develop unit tests for new software features.
- Work closely with Quality Assurance to produce high quality software.
- C# experience (5 years)
- Win forms experience
- Experience working with serial devices and other hardware
- Code architecture design experience
- Comfortable with math
- Git & Github are nice to know
- Good understanding of code reviews or pull requests in an agile development team
- Working knowledge of user stories and experience working with project and product managers
- Experience with JIRA a plus
- Experience working within a remote working environment is a plus
- Experience with dairy related data is a big plus
At VAS, we pride ourselves with being the leader in the dairy software industry, but another area we excel in is benefits to our employees.
- VAS offers competitive salary in the top percentile for our field.
- Generous medical, vision and dental plans.
- Fidelity retirement plan and with a company match.
- Generous paid time off, including vacation, sick and school activity time.
- Opportunity to grow within chosen field.