WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes.
Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
On April 19, a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) was signed in the city of Caracas, Venezuela between the government of the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela and the World Food Program (WFP) in which WFP undertook to establish - among others - an office that allows food assistance to be carried out in the national territory.
On April 27, the Executive Director approved the creation of a Country Office and on April 30, the WFP arrived to start operations and establish a new office in the city of Caracas and a logistics center in Maracaibo.
WFP is implementing a large-scale school meals programme in Venezuela that will progressively expand operations to reach up to 1.
5 million beneficiaries by June 2023. Community Engagement activities are amongst the top priorities of WFP Venezuela to ensure beneficiaries and their communities are active participants in the design, implementation, and monitoring of the school-meals programme, and that their rights and protection are considered in all decisions taken by WFP.
You will lead the delivery of quality, customer-focused, value for money administrative services that enable staff in country / location operations to deliver food assistance to beneficiaries, in line with WFP’s strategy.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
1. Develop and implement WFP regional / country plans, including administrative processes, aligned with regional and wider WFP strategies and policies to facilitate efficient and effective administration services.
2. Develop annual plans, contribute to longer term strategies and improvements to policies, systems and procedures to ensure services provided support WFP strategic objectives and are in compliance with corporate policies, standards, regulations and processes.
3. Manage and / or carry out complex data analysis to provide management and clients with the accurate information and reports for efficient planning and decision-making.
4. Manage the existing resources in the area of responsibility (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.
and estimate new requirements aiming at efficiency, cost-effectiveness and timeliness of operations and services.
5. Facilitate the compliance of the services provided (e.g. WFP managed facilities, assets and travel management, etc.) with the corporate Occupational Safety and Health Policy and provide recommendations to the management on any improvements / changes, when required.
6. Promote a culture of environmental sustainability throughout WFP by role modelling actions that drive sustainability in all administrative activities.
7. Manage and motivate a multicultural team(s), provide coaching, training and guidance as required to ensure appropriate development and enable high performance.
8. Build productive partnerships with WFP stakeholders, other UN agencies and local government offices.
9. Strengthen the capacity of WFP staff and partners through the delivery of trainings, workshops, daily interaction, etc.
for efficient and effective delivery of food assistance to beneficiaries.
10. Contribute to preparedness actions such as risk analysis, and contingency planning, monitoring the management of risks and reporting on actions taken.
11. Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Experience : At least 5 years of progressively responsible experience in administration roles. Including at least 2 years of managerial experience.
Education : Advanced University degree in Business / Public Administration, Engineering, or other relevant field relating to office management and administration, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and / or training / courses.
Language : Fluency (level C) in English and Spanish is required.
DESIRED EXPERIENCES FOR ENTRY INTO THE ROLE
You have experience managing operational support services, such as Accommodation, Assets (equipment), Contracts, Engineering, Facilities, Fleet, Internal Controls, Protocol, and Privileges, and Travel.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Mobility is, and continues to be, a core contractual requirement in WFP. The selected candidate will be employed on a fixed-term as well as a rotational contract with a probationary period of one year.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
For more details, please visit icsc.un.org.
This is an International Professional position that is open to all nationalities. Nationals of the country where the position is based are not eligible to apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Deadline to receive applications is Wednesday, 21 July 2021 (11.59pm CET)
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV / AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.